Robert Kaiser escribió:Weekly Status Report, W12/2011
Here's a short summary of SeaMonkey/Mozilla-related work I've done in week 12-14/2011 (March 21 - April 10, 2011):
- Mozilla work / crash-stats:
Talked through some crash analysis workflows in a CrashKill team meeting to be able to explain those to the Socorro team on the all-hands.
Refined my thoughts on prioritizing work somewhat.
Regularly generated "explosiveness" reports locally and uploaded them, looked at signatures it brought up, filed bugs where needed, commented on others, tried to point some to the right people to get them fixed.
Attended the Mozilla all-hands and discussed a lot of status and planning with a number of people in the CrashKill and Socorro teams as well as other Mozilla employees.
Created wiki pages and filed bugs for some outcomes from all-hands discussions.
Got the train rolling again on new build machines for SeaMonkey.
Helped the SeaMonkey 2.0.13 release by getting the announcements out the door.
Got the new 2.1b3 and 2.1pre versions up on crash-stats.
- Build System:
I landed the patch for installing built-in extensions into the profile to make the update story for ChatZilla, venkman and DOM Inspector a clean story for end users. If a newer version is shipped in SeaMonkey, it will overwrite the version in the profile, if AMO offers a newer version (and the user doesn't have updates disabled), we'll update to that one.
SeaMonkey build and release infrastructure needed some more reviews, which I did, but knowledge about some of the newer stuff is quickly slipping out of my head - which is a good sign as it tells that I'm not really needed in the loop there any more.
Had some discussions at the all-hands with Standard8, khuey, ted and others on how to go forward on the comm-central build system.
Did some more updates to EarlyBlue and LCARStrek for SeaMonkey 2.1 and, for the latter, some more work to get it to run on Firefox 4.
- SeaMonkey L10n:
Cared that L10n dashboard works for both the 2.1-targeted "branch" and the development trunk going forward.
Signed off locales for the SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 3 release.
- German L10n:
Did a number of updates of the localization to catch up with all the changes leading up to the L10n freeze for SeaMonkey 2.1, and completed those in time for the Beta 3 release
- Various Discussions/Topics:
Firefox 4 desktop and Firefox 4 mobile releases, future release process, SeaMonkey planning, getting for my new bleeding-edge hardware to work (or not), MeeGo N900 DE team, etc.
The last weeks leading up to and including the Mozilla all-hands were quite busy, sorry that I didn't get around to actually post those updates really weekly. It was just great to be here as a Mozilla contractor with so many people around and so many interesting sessions, demos and conversations going on. This is the kind of people I love working with and I hope this will continue in an even more intense working relationship in the future.
It's also really good to see that the SeaMonkey team could release 2.1 Beta 3 with practically no help from myself except for L10n sign-off and adding versions to Mozilla's web services. This shows how great the team is and that there's a lot of life in the project, no matter how deeply I'm involved or not.
For SeaMonkey testers, this is the time to try out 2.1 - all features are there, no more will be allowed, and we have a really cool product matching Firefox 4's web capabilities and bringing a really modern version of the suite to everyone. Please make sure bugs are filed or all problems you find - the team will look into fixing them, but is even happier, of course, if you are able to create a patch for those yourself!
And for localizers, this is the perfect time to get your locale in shape for SeaMonkey 2.1, as all strings are really hard-frozen, no changes any more until final release, which should come around in very few weeks!Entry written by KaiRo and posted on April 12th, 2011 04:04